- Fifth-generation of the rally-bred icon
- 271-horsepower 2.4-liter turbocharged BOXER engine
- Available new Subaru Performance Transmission offers faster up and down shifts
- New tablet-style high-definition SUBARU STARLINK 11.6-inch center information display
- Built on the Subaru Global Platform
- Dual-pinion electric power steering provides quicker response and improved steering feel
- New GT trim adds drive mode select, electronically controlled dampers, and exclusive exterior and interior accents
- EyeSight Driver Assist Technology with new safety and convenience features available
Subaru of America today introduced the all-new 2022 WRX with the most advanced features, design, and performance in its nearly 20-year history. The fifth-generation rally icon is powered by a new 271 hp 2.4-liter turbocharged Subaru BOXER® engine that is paired with either a 6-speed manual transmission or new automatic transmission. With available high-definition tablet-style 11.6-inch SUBARU STARLINK® Multimedia system and latest generation EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology, the 2022 WRX delivers greater performance, technology, and safety than ever before.
Also new for 2022, the WRX adds a new top-of-the-line GT trim with a new automatic transmission, the Subaru Performance Transmission, as standard. The new WRX GT offers a first-ever for WRX, new electronically controlled dampers that can tailor the dynamic performance to the driver’s preferences with Comfort, Normal, and Sport settings. The Drive Mode Select also offers additional options to configure steering feel, damper settings, SI-Drive settings, and more, with up to 430 different customization options.
For the first time, the WRX is built on the Subaru Global Platform, which offers increased safety, improved dynamics, and reductions in noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH). The 2022 WRX will be available at Subaru retailers in early 2022.
For 2022, the WRX lineup features a new 2.4-liter turbocharged Subaru BOXER® engine, delivering 271 horsepower at 5,600 rpm, a broader torque curve with 258 lb-ft of torque from 2,000-5,200 rpm. The increased displacement, along with a turbocharger equipped with electronically controlled wastegate and air bypass valves, improves responsiveness and acceleration.
Every WRX is equipped with legendary Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and Active Torque Vectoring. Coupled with the Subaru BOXER engine is either the 6-speed manual transmission, which has been fitted with optimized gear ratios and refined for improved shift quality, or the new Subaru Performance Transmission (automatic) which offers up to 30 percent faster upshifts (2nd to 3rd) and 50 percent faster downshifts (3rd to 2nd). The automatic transmission incorporates adaptive shift control that can quickly respond to perform rev-matching downshifts under braking, main...